Wednesday, November 8, 2006

 

Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan

My throat still hurts.

Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan No, I am not sick, it's because I laughed so much when I went to see "Borat!: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan" with Doris.

Even it was on a Wednesday night, the big theatre was almost completely full. And the movie wasn't what I expected. It's really bald and brave to offend pretty much everyone while making the audience laugh.

In "Borat," a Kazakhstani TV journalist is sent to the US to made a documentary about the "greatest country in the world." Well, almost every where he turns, some comedy moments come up.

I am not a big fan of physical comedy, nor bathroom humors. But I did laugh so much in this film. The jokes are cruel, dirty, raunchy, offensive, and indeed funny. Being funny let the film get away with all the mischief it creates.

Sometimes, I am utterly shocked by what I am seeing. That shocking factor is the power driven behind this comedy. Very entertaining.

Doris said she almost puked for one scene in the film (and I think everybody would know what it is if one sees the film). That makes the film even funnier. Now just thinking about it, I have a big grin on my face and I start to giggle again.

My rating: 8 out of 10.


Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?