Wednesday, April 12, 2006

 

The Notorious Bettie Page

The Notorious Bettie Page I thought "The Notorious Bettie Page" is a documentary. Nope. It's a film based on the first sex-icon in America in the 1950s. What did she do? Just posted some S&M and nude pictures. Look at what we have today, it has come a long way!

Having been to Folsom Street Fair, I don't even know if Bettie Page's pictures even qualify as S&M. Nevertheless, the film shows how a naive girl from Tennessee gradually became a sex symbol by "just taking some harmless pictures." There is only one problem: I didn't know who Bettie Page was and I don't care, and the bigger problem is that the film didn't convince me that I should care about her story. Maybe because the Lumiere Theatre was so cold and I was freezing, so I was not the mood. I had to cling on Peter to get some warmth during the film. When Bettie page was taking off clothes on screen, I wish I had more clothes to put on for myself.

The theatre was packed and some people even dressed up to the screening, similar as Bettie Page. Well, this is San Francisco, and Bettie Page definitely has loyal followers here. Not me.

My rating: 4 out of 10.


Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?