Friday, August 11, 2006

 

The Dogwalker

Will and I went to the opening of an indie film "The Dogwalker."

The Dogwalker In "The Dogwalker," Ellie escaped her abusive boyfriend to LA struggling to survive. She met a not-so-friendly dog walker Betsy and found to be connected with Betsy and became a dog walker herself.

I am disappointed by this film, not because that this is not a feel good movie. The lead character Ellie didn't smile once (ok, maybe once) in the entire film, but the movie didn't convince me why I should feel sympathy to this battered sad faced woman. On the other hand, the Betsy character, fantastically played by Pamela Gordon, is way more interesting and in depth. If the film is focused on Betsy, it could have been a better film even Betsy is equally sad and depressing and full of anger.

After the film, the director and the lead role actor held a Q&A session. Sadly, I learned that Pamela Gordon passed away due to cancer. That makes me appreciate her last work in this film even more.

My rating: 5 out of 10.


Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?