Tuesday, September 19, 2006

 

Al Franken: God Spoke

Al Franken: God Spoke My next film is a documentary "Al Franken: God Spoke."

The camera crew was given extraordinary access to Al Franken's life and followed him around for two years during his book tours, radio shows, and the presidential campaign when Al Franken fights the right wing media restlessly.

I have been a big fan of Al Franken since his Stuart Smalley character, long before he picks up fights with Bill O'Reilly.

But I feel unsatisfied and frustrated after the film even I giggled a lot during the screening. I feel that I still don't know Al Franken enough. I applaud his passion and his courage to stand up for what he believes in, but why? He is smart and funny. But where did he get all the strength to deal with people like Bill O'Reilly and Rush Limbaugh without getting a heart attack? What drives him to do all this? I wish the film gets deeper to his skin so I can like him even more.

I did laugh at his joke he told in the film:

"A man goes into the doctor with a bump growing on his forehead.

After many tests, the doctor says: well, I only learned this from the medical school, I can't believe that I am seeing this in real life. You're growing a second penis out of your forehead, and with the way your skull and brain are forming around it we're not going to be able to operate, or do anything to stop it.

The man says, 'You mean I am going to wake up every morning, look in the mirror, and see a penis hanging from my forehead?'

The doctor replies: No, no... That won't happen... the balls should be hanging right over your eyes."

My rating: 6 out of 10.


Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?