Monday, September 18, 2006

 

The Squid and the Whale

The Squid and the Whale Finally not in the theatre, I watched the critical acclaimed black humor comedy "The Squid and the Whale."

The parents of two young boys are getting a divorce. The two boys had a very difficult time to cope with the new joint custody life. What we see is a painful picture of a very dysfunctional family.

I laughed with the film with sadness. I feel sympathy to the boys while I chucked with the lines popped out from their mouths. And I don't know I should laugh or cry when I see the little kid spread his semen on library books or drink whisky at home alone.

The performance is really impressive from all the actors. But somehow I just don't feel like I am watching a comedy and it's actually like a tragedy. I wonder if that little kid will grow up ok.

I doubt it though.

My rating: 7 out of 10.


Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?