Wednesday, October 11, 2006

 

An Inconvenient Truth

An Inconvenient Truth After dinner, I met up Jay and went to Carmike Blue Ridge 14 Cinema to see "An Inconvenient Truth."

I thought that theater must have raised its ticket price by now. Nope. Still $1.50! I counted that there were 12 people for that show tonight, so the theater's ticket sale for this show is a bloody $18! That's not even enough to buy me half of tonight's dinner. How could they do that?

So, for $1.5, I finally watched the documentary about Al Gore's advacacy on Global Warming: "An Inconvenient Truth."

His articulate presentation gives an informative description on the Global Warming problem we are facing and its disastrous consequences.

The film is quite effective but a little bit like a lecture rather than a documentary. While watching the film, I kept thinking what if Al Gore had been the president of the US, the history would have been so different, definitely a better place than right now.

Being an environmentalist myself, watching this film just makes me feel more frustrated and despair. Being in North Carolina just makes that feeling worsen. I can't wait to get back home next week.

My rating: 7 out of 10.


Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?