Thursday, November 30, 2006

 

The Architect

The Architect I attended the prescreening of "The Architect" at the Lumiere Theatre (it opens on Dec. 8).

It's claimed to be the very first digital presentation using the blu-ray player projecting in full high definition onto the big screen.

I have to say the image is fantastic. I wish I could say the same about the film.

"The Architect" presents an unhappy family. The father is an arrogant architect who designed a housing project in Chicago whose residents are gathering petitions to tear it down. The wife is depressed at home and cleans the house obsessively. The teenager daughter is insecure and looking for validation only at the wrong places. The son is dropping out of college and confused about pretty much everything. If that's not depressing enough, meet a black gay guy living in that housing project and somehow so blind that he would dig after the architect's son.

What's the point of showing all these sad people? Well, I miss it, because I was totally paying attention to the fabulous blue-ray high definition images.

My rating: 4 out of 10.


Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?