Monday, November 20, 2006

 

Turistas

Turistas I went to a pre-screening of "Turistas."

Big mistake! I knew I wouldn't like this film, but I can't resist the urge to get scared. It's really addictive. But I really wish I had gone to the gym instead of watching this horror, I mean horrible flick.

"Turistas" tells a story that a few Americans go to Brazil for a vacation. After a few drinks at a bar, they all passed out. When they wake up, all their belonging is gone, except their bikinis. That's just the beginning of their nightmares.

Indeed, the audience will see more blood, more chasing around, more sound effects, and more screaming. All of these have only one purpose in filmmaker's mind: to scare the shit out of you.

But the problem is that this film doesn't creep me out by its characters or the plot, but by its gruesome images. It's probably one of those most disgusting images I have seen. I am more shocked and sickened than scared. I feel that I was cheated with cheap pranks.

I laughed at the end of the film. Not because of the film is funny, and it's not funny at all. It's because how silly it is and how corny the film ends.

My rating: 2 out of 10.


Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?