Tuesday, November 14, 2006

 

Volver

Volver The long anticipated "Volver" is Pedro Almodóvar's latest film. He masterfully tells a story about a family, mostly female. Raimunda, played by Penélope Cruz, lives with her daughter after her mom died long time ago. After her aunt died she kept discover more and more secrets in the family and around the village.

Almodóvar is a genius of creating twists and turns in his films with ease. It reaches to a point that I no longer get surprised no matter what happens in Almodóvar's film. I even become disappointed when the story didn't go as bizarre as I expected.

It's hard to talk about this film without revealing some plots, so I will shut up now. I do enjoy the experience the director takes me and see how he creates couple more mysteries after reveal one secret. Many of those Almodóvar's humor moments kept me smiling through the film.

But I don't understand why Penélope Cruz seems always having tears in her eyes. She must have allergy. For once, Almodóvar's film doesn't contain a transgender character. That's a surprise.

My rating: 7 out of 10.


Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?