Wednesday, December 13, 2006

 

Colma: The Musical

I went to Mezzanine and finally I saw the "Colma: The Musical," hosted by the San Francisco Film Society provided with free (bad) beer.

Colma: The Musical I somehow managed to skip this film at the San Francisco International Asian American Film Festival this year. So tonight is the time to pay my due. It's kinda weird to be back to Mezzanine without guys dancing on the floor shirtless.

Alright, the movie. It's about three kids just graduated from High School in Colma, famous for grave yards. They seem not quite sure what they want to do with their lives, except one of them wants to be an actor. So they go party and of course, sing and dance around, because this is a musical.

Although there is some drama going on in the film (we are talking about 18 years old here), there is really not that much story to go by and I don't know how it actually stretches for two hours.

However, the music is indeed the catch of the film. It's energetic, it's fun, and it's very musical. I think the soundtrack might be more enjoyable than the film.

My rating: 6 out of 10.


Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?