Saturday, December 9, 2006

 

Mrs Henderson Presents

Mrs Henderson Presents When the rain was pouring outside, I watched "Mrs Henderson Presents" starting the always fantastic Judi Dench.

What a marvelous entertaining film!

A very rich lady Mrs. Henderson returned to London from India following his husband's death. She is so bored so she bought a theatre and presented shows featuring nude girls. And the theatre claimed to be "we never closed" (rhyming with "we never clothes") even during the air raids in World War II.

Judi Dench effortlessly brings Mrs. Henderson to life. She portraits one of the funniest and most interesting characters I have seen lately. The story is well developed and the script is hilarious. I never expect that I would laugh so loud when I was watching this British film.

Mrs. Henderson complained to her friend on her husband's death:

"It was most inconsiderate of Robert to die. What on earth am I supposed to do now?"

Well, she found herself a "lovely hobby": theatre.

Thank you Mrs. Henderson for the splendid entertainment. It's most lovely.

My rating: 8 out of 10.


Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?