Tuesday, February 6, 2007

 

An Unreasonable Man

An Unreasonable Man I went to a pre-screening of another fascinating documentary "An Unreasonable Man," which was also just shown at Sundance.

"An Unreasonable Man" takes a closer look at consumer advocate and presidential candidate Ralph Nader's life.

This film is thought provoking and incredibly engaging dealing with a very complex subject. How many Americans know Ralph Nader is instrumental for legislations including seat belts, airbags, product labeling, nuclear safety, and even free airline tickets for overbooked flights? But he probably is forever remembered as a pariah who is responsible for Bush's win over Gore in 2000 presidential election.

I thought so too. However, this film changed my view. Now I see Nader as an outstanding private citizen. He is a great American who shows dignity and integrity. He stands up firmly for what he believes in and fights for the average Americans against big corporations and giant political machines. He sets an example for what we can do to make a difference, and he has been making a tremendous difference through his life long dedicated and passionate work.

I think Nader should have been nominated for the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize for what has done to our society instead of Al Gore.

I wonder what an outcome would be if this film was made before the 2000 election. This film should be watched by all the Democrat presidential candidates for 2008. Hillary, I will buy you a ticket to see this film, as my contribution to your election. This film opens on March 9.

My rating: 9 out of 10.


Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?