Sunday, May 6, 2007

 

SFiFF2007 - A Parting Shot (Pas douce)

A Parting Shot (Pas douce) I dislike a French film "A Parting Shot" ("Pas douce," France 2006, 84 min., shown at the 50th SFiFF) as much as I dislike its unlikable characters.

A depressed young nurse Fred (a woman actually) wants to kill herself, and for the reason I don't believe, or for no reason at all, she turns the gun and shoots a kid. Then the movie goes to show how she feels about while she has to take care of the kid as his patient.

So much of the story is not credible. I can't develop any sympathy toward Fred when she walks like a zombie and gets drunk on her bicycles. I don't even feel bad for that kid who gets shot, and I am definitely a compassionated person; because I think the kid is faking it in the bed and I never believe any of these characters.

If one wants to see people living with guilt, another Russian film "The Island" can be easily found at the festival. If one wants to see depressed people, there is even another French movie " Dans Paris" at the festival.

To your own safety, stay away from this sharp shooter.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?