Monday, December 4, 2006

 

Fateless (Sorstalanság)

Sorstalanság After a comedy, I watched a sad movie: a Hungarian film "Fateless" ("Sorstalanság").

Based on an Nobel Prize winning semi-autobiography, "Fateless" tells a story of a 14 years old Hungarian boy surviving at Buchenwald concentration camp during World War II.

Like any other concentration camp film, I want the movie to be over soon when I watch it, because I barely can endure what the characters are suffering on the screen. I want the horrific episode to end. That's exact the reason I didn't go to the theatre to watch this film last year, because it's just too much for me.

The cinematography is what makes this film worth watching besides the compelling story. Those images stay in my minds long after the film is over.

But still, I feel that I have seen many of this type of films. I don't want to be depressed by these stories any more.

My rating: 7 out of 10.


Comments: Post a Comment


<< Home This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?